West Oak Lane Charter School participates in the National School Lunch Program's Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) option. This new federal program is under the USDA's National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs, enacted with the passage of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 (Act). It allows schools to serve no-cost nutritious breakfasts and Lunches to every student each day.
- This is great news for our parents because it eliminates financial worries and the need to submit a meal application. No action is required by parents other than to encourage their child to participate in the program. Our goal is to have 100% participation each year. Supporting the program benefits our students, parents, and the school by helping offset the cost of operating the program.
Facts about the program:
- It's a healthy and affordable way for kids to start the day.
- There is an established link between eating breakfast and academic success.
- Breakfast and lunch meals meet federal dietary guidelines
- Breakfast starts at: 7:15 - 7:45 a.m.
- Late bus students receive breakfast until 8:00 a.m.
- Meals are prepared onsite daily by our private food management company.
- Students are entitled to one meal for breakfast and one meal for lunch per day at no charge. Parents are responsible for paying for additional meals