Thank you for your interest in employment with the West Oak Lane Charter School (WOLCS). We value all of our interested applicants and hope to provide you with the best customer service possible. The Federal legislation, "HR1 No Child Left Behind Act of 2001" requires that all public and charter schools hire “Highly Qualified” teachers for their schools. WOLCS is committed to hiring teachers who meet the NCLB definition of a highly qualified teacher. We seek qualified candidates who are innovative, enthusiastic, and looking for a genuine opportunity to make a difference. We are in our 24th year as a K-8 charter school located in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia. We have approximately 1000+ students. Our school offers a bright spacious, clean and safe environment for teachers and students. Administration promotes innovation and works collaboratively with teachers and parents to ensure that our students are engaged and that they received a quality educational experience.
West Oak Lane Charter School is looking for Teachers for the 2022-2023 school year.
Do you believe you can inspire and change lives? West Oak Lane Charter School has been providing students and teachers with a high-quality learning environment for over 20 years. Our administration promotes innovation and works collaboratively with teachers and parents to ensure that our students are engaged and that they are receiving a quality educational experience.
If you are looking to join a team of talented, passionate and inspiring educators, don’t miss your opportunity to inspire and be inspired. Join the West Oak Lane Charter School team.
Special Education Self-Contained Teacher requirements:
- Design and implement small group instruction derived from student's IEP goals.
- Teach all academic subjects (Reading, Math, Science and Social Studies)
- Implement positive behavior support plan.
- Monitor IEP goal progress through progress monitoring.
- Collaborate with related service providers (SLP, OT, PT, etc.) to ensure students are receiving services.
- Effectively use data to drive IEP data and instruction.
- Collaborate with content teams (Reading and Math Department) for support, curriculum and to ensure appropriate and effective implementation.
Requirements for all teaching positions
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania academic content standards
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum design and delivery, teaching and learning for individuals and groups.
- Skill in selecting and using appropriate instructional methods and materials when teaching new subjects.
- Ability to monitor and assess students’ performance to identify areas for improvements and to remediate when appropriate.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, parents, administrators and other members of the school.
- Pennsylvania Certification K-8, Special Education (Instructional I or II) Bachelor’s and or master’s degree in Education preferred
EXCEPTIONALLY COMPETITIVE BONUS with required certification
West Oak Lane Charter School is looking for a Math Instructional Specialist.
The Math Instructional Specialist is accountable for assisting teachers, students and more directly, the Director of Mathematics with achieving school-wide math goals at WOLCS. The position involves instructional work in support of the implementation of the various math curricula serving grades K through 8. The Math Instructional Specialist will work with the Director of Mathematics to ensure that math instruction is data driven, design and implement interventions, as well as administer assessments and collects data. He/she will also assist in evaluating and monitoring student progress.
- Pennsylvania Instructional Certification required. Pennsylvania Middle Level Mathematic Certification (Instructional I) is recommended. Bachelor's degree at an accredited college or university. Minimum of two - three years' satisfactory teaching experience in Math instruction.
Director of Compliance and Information Systems & Technology
As the Director of Compliance provide leadership for regulatory compliance functions at WOLCS as well as certain "behind-the-scenes" operational functions necessary to carry out the education process at WOLCS. Areas of responsibility include compliance reporting to state and federal agencies and related to funds administration. Job requires exercise of sound judgment as well as willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges. Must be able to evaluate options, to offer considered opinions, and to recommend solutions.
As the Director of Information Systems, coordinate updates to WOLCS student information systems, and related computer databases and generating data reports and developing customized applications. Provides technical assistance and training to Power School users, answers questions and resolves problems in person or via telephone. May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases. Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations. Job requires being careful about detail and thoroughness in completing work tasks. Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace. Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges as well as the ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and to maintain them over time.
As the Director of Technology provide leadership and management to the Technology department in its charge to provide, operate, and maintain computing and telecommunication facilities, equipment, and services that meet administrative and educational needs of the school. The Director of Technology is responsible for all aspects of information technology management and control.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five to seven years of job-related experience with demonstrated competence.
- K-12 experience required.
Front Office Administrative Assistant
Perform general administrative duties such as greeting visitors, answering phones, copying, mail distribution, providing support to office staff and administrative team. This role also requires the ability to relate well to the public, in person and on the telephone. As well, this individual must be diplomatic, tactful, creative, discreet, flexible, resourceful, dependable, well-organized, friendly, emotionally mature and professional. He/she will be required to work effectively with multiple supervisors and must have the ability to balance and prioritize multiple requests.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree in business related field preferred, and a minimum of 3-5 years related work experience.
- Proficiency using spreadsheet software (Excel) relational database software (Access) and word processing (Word) to enter access or retrieve data or process information Ability to use technology effectively to support tasks associated with job responsibilities, including designing spreadsheets and accurately inputting data into information management systems.
West Oak Lane Charter School is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of WOLCS to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.