School Nutrition Programs
West Oak Lane Charter School
Promotes A Healthy School Environment
WOLCS acknowledges the role that health and wellness play in student achievement! See the links on the side to explore the ways that WOLCS promotes health and wellness.
School Meal Provision – Fall 2020
As our nation reopens and people return to work, it remains critical our students to receive safe, healthy, and nutritious food. WOLCS recognizes that school nutrition must remain part of the educational day. Schools play an essential role in ensuring students receive nutritious meals to learn, grow and thrive to reach their full potential. Therefore, WOLCS has committed to providing nutritious meals to its students as they participate in virtual learning while also keeping them safe and heathy. WOLCS food service safety and health practices are governed by the State and Federal requirements under the National School Lunch Program and Food Safety Standard Operating Procedures with the USDA.
With a multitude of families depending on school meals and the increased food costs parents have experienced during these uncertain times, WOLCS wants to make sure school meals are accessible to its students by offering Drive-thru-Meal Service this Fall at no cost to parents.
What Parents Should Know:
- WOLCS has enhanced its already robust health and safety procedures to ensure parents know that they can expect a safe experience. The procedures include increased sanitation practices, physical distancing, service modifications, personal protective equipment, and personal health monitoring.
- WOLCS has partnered with the Linton’s Food Service Management to make sure every student has access to healthy meals at no cost to parents.
- WOLCS will provide a drive-thru meal service starting on Thursday, September 10th at 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. to enable parents to pick up breakfast and lunch meals for students on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Parents can pick up two (2) days of breakfast and lunch meals on Tuesdays and three (3) days of breakfast and lunch meals on Thursdays. Monthly menus are available on the WOLCS website.
- Food service members will bring packaged meals to parents as they arrive, and parents are required to remain safely in their cars. Parents must give their child’s name to receive meals. If a parent is unable to pick up meals, they can send someone else in their place.
- All food service members will abide by strict standards of health and safety regulations and follow the COVID-19 Health and Safety guidelines.
- We encourage parents to participate in the drive-thru meal service to support the nutritional needs of their child(ren) and to eliminate having to figure out what to prepare for breakfast and lunch.
- To guage interest and meal count, we are asking all parents to complete the 1-question survey to let us know whether you will participate in the drive-thru meal service.
- Questions and/or concerns can be directed to Ms. Case at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your participation is greatly appreciated!