Join Our Community, Invest in Our Children’s Future!
West Oak Lane Charter School (WOLCS) is a vibrant, K-8 public school located in the Northwest section of Philadelphia. Our mission is to empower children to become lifelong learners in the areas of science, technology and the humanities by exposing them to innovative ways of teaching and learning, while preparing them for the challenge of the 21st century in a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
Through our targeted academic curriculum and enrichment programs, our state-of-the-art facility, and a consistent focus on building professional excellence among our teaching staff, WOLCS maintains a singular commitment to closing the achievement gap for our students.
How You Can Help
Despite gaining momentum as a valuable part of a broad continuum of educational options for Philadelphia’s youth, WOLCS and other high-performing charter schools remain at a funding disadvantage to public schools on a per-student basis. From our beginnings as a school founded to help uplift its neighborhood, WOLCS has retained its steadfast vision of the school as community – one that encompasses all of our students, staff and faculty, parents and caregivers, neighbors, as well as City and regional supporters.
Today, WOLCS is asking for your involvement and support as part of the community promoting our growth and success. You can assist us in one of the following ways:
- Make a financial contribution. A tax-deductible donation will help ensure WOLCS’ ability to develop the well-rounded and civically engaged citizens of tomorrow through enhanced programming, new enrichment opportunities, and positive school culture. To make a secure, tax deductible donation through Pay Pal click here.
- Tell others about WOLCS. Help expand our community of supporters by spreading the word about our school, or bringing a friend (or two) on a scheduled tour of our state-of-the-art facility. If you are interested in touring our school, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a matching gift. Does your company match employee contributions? Double the impact of your giving by taking advantage of this policy.
- Host a fundraising event on WOLCS’ behalf. Contact us if you’d be willing to sponsor or host a third-party benefit, with the proceeds going to the school.
- Or, contact us to discuss other ways you might want to become involved.
Where We’re Going
With significant building blocks of strong leadership and faculty, a top-tier facility, and innovative resources for learning in place, WOLCS’ will continue to move on a path from “Good to Great.” WOLCS now seeks to enhance our core curricula and enrichment programs to advance our students’ ongoing success. Program priorities for the next several years include:
- Enhanced summer and after-school enrichment opportunities through arts education and technology / digital media exploration in the summer, as well as after-school robotics, chess, and sports activities during the school year to develop well-rounded and civically engaged citizens of tomorrow.
- Advances in our STEAM curriculum through expanded partnerships with Fox Chase Cancer Center, Penn State Abington College, Prudential and others to provide related professional development for our faculty and to cultivate innovative teaching and enhanced technology and digital media integration in the classroom.
- Increased focus on positive school culture including school-wide positive behavioral health interventions and supports for students.
- New opportunities for learning including summer programs to orient and prepare incoming students, especially Kindergarteners, and provide intensive intervention for enrolled students who struggle academically.
How to Reach Us
West Oak Lane Charter School would love to hear from you!
Michele Jones, Director of Development
West Oak Lane Charter School
7115 Stenton Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19138
Phone: (215) 927-7995
Fax: (215) 927-7980