The West Oak Lane Charter School Scholars’ Club is in its fourth year of existence. This prestigious program is designed to offer enhanced academic and social opportunities to challenge and enrich our most talented fourth through eighth grade students.
The mission of the Scholars’ Club is to empower high-achieving West Oak Lane Charter School students by exposing them to new experiences, developing their critical thinking skills through interest-based creative learning, and fostering a college-bound mindset. Selection into the program is based on proficient/advanced achievement on the PSSA Reading and Math assessments, outstanding academic record, good citizenship and behavior, and passion for learning as witnessed by teachers.
Some highlights of the program include:
• Weekly After-School Meetings
• Participation in Destination Imagination
, an international problem-solving competition that promotes creative thinking and teamwork skills in students from kindergarten through college
• Guest speakers in various occupational fields
• Connections with local colleges
• Art, Science, and Technology exposure through trips to museums, theaters, and science centers