Thank you for your interest in employment with the West Oak Lane Charter School (WOLCS). We value all of our interested applicants and hope to provide you with the best customer service possible. The Federal legislation, "HR1 No Child Left Behind Act of 2001" requires that all public and charter schools hire “Highly Qualified” teachers for their schools. WOLCS is committed to hiring teachers who meet the NCLB definition of a highly qualified teacher. We seek qualified candidates who are innovative, enthusiastic, and looking for a genuine opportunity to make a difference. We are in our 17th year as a K-8 charter school located in the West Oak Lane section of Philadelphia. We have approximately 1020 students. Our school offers a bright spacious, clean and safe environment for teachers and students. Administration promotes innovation and works collaboratively with teachers and parents to ensure that our students are engaged and that they received a quality educational experience.
Current positions available for the 2020-21 School Year
West Oak Lane Charter School has been providing students and teachers with a high-quality learning environment for over 20 years. Our administration promotes innovation and works collaboratively with teachers and parents to ensure that our students are engaged and that they are receiving a quality educational experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania academic content standards
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum design and delivery, teaching and learning for individuals and groups
- Skill in selecting and using appropriate instructional methods and materials when teaching new subjects
- Ability to monitor and assess students’ performance to identify areas for improvements and to remediate when appropriate.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, parents, administrators and other members of the school.
1st, 3rd, Physical Education, Social studies, Special Education
Must be PA Certified with a Bachelors or Masters degree.