Parent & Student Compact
School – Student – Parent/Family Contract
WOLCS commits to a partnership among parents / families, students, and school staff to work together to provide the best possible education for our students.
- High Quality Education- We commit to providing a high-quality curriculum, rigorous instruction and to going the extra mile for our students so that they can excel.
- Support and Respect- We will appreciate, support, and respect every student within a safe and nurturing environment.
- Communication- We will communicate regularly with parents / guardians about their children’s progress with interim and final report cards four times each year. We will make ourselves available in person, by phone, or email. We will return parent phone calls within 24 hours.
- Homework- We will assign productive, worthwhile homework every night to reinforce and support skills and concepts learned in class.
- Fairness- We will enforce WOLCS’s behavior expectations and code of conduct consistently and fairly. When a student is disciplined or suspended, or when he or she deserves recognition for accomplishments in school, we will inform parents / families promptly.
- Involvement- We will provide parents and families with structured opportunities to become involved in the education of their children and the life of the community at WOLCS.
CEO Signature: _______________________________ Date: ______
Assistant Principal Signature: ______________________ Date: ______
Teacher Signature: _____________________________ Date: ______
Parent’s /Guardians’ Commitment
- Timeliness/ Attendance- I understand that every school day is important and that it is my responsibility to get my child to school every day on time (8:00A.M.). If my child needs to miss school, I will contact the school in writing. I will never schedule family vacations during school time. I will avoid requesting early dismissal for my child.
- Support & Homework- I will always help my child in the best way I know how, and I will do whatever it takes for my child to learn. I will provide a quiet space for my child to study and, if necessary I will check my child’s homework every night.
- Independent Reading- I will insist that my child reads for at least 20 minutes a night (including both days of the weekend), and I will never sign a reading log for my child unless I have personally seen my child read.
- Communication- I will do all I can to maintain two-way communication with the school. I will read letters and notices received from the school and will return phone calls from school staff within 24 hours. If I am asked to attend a meeting regarding my child’s education or behavior, I will be there.
- Uniform- I will send my child to school every day in the WOLCS uniform.
- STARS, Behavior Expectations and School Rules- I will make sure that my child learns to live up to WOLCS’ behavior expectations (STARS) and the Code of Conduct. I know that I am primarily responsible for the behavior and actions of my child. I accept that my child may lose privileges or have other disciplinary consequences if he/she violates the STARS expectations or WOLCS Code of Conduct.
- Attendance at Parent Meetings- I will attend all required parent meetings, including Back-to-School night and three Report Card Conferences during the year.
Parent/Guardian Signature: _______________________ Date: ______
- My Best Effort- I understand that my education is important, and I will always work, think, and behave in the best way I know how and do whatever it takes for my fellow students and me to learn.
- Attendance and Timeliness- I will come to school every day on time (by 8:00A.M.) and stay until 3:30P.M. If I need to miss class, I will ask for and make up all missed assignments.
- Uniform- I will wear my WOLCS uniform properly every day and follow the school dress code.
- Homework- I will complete all of my homework and read every night. I will not offer excuses; I will seek the help I need to complete all of my homework in a top-quality manner.
- Communication- I will raise my hand to ask for help if I do not understand something. I will be responsive to my teachers and parents about any concerns they might have. Without delay I will deliver to my family notices and other communications sent from the school.
- Responsibility- If I make a mistake, I will tell the truth and accept responsibility for my actions.
- STARS, Behavior Expectations and School Rules- I understand the STARS behavior expectations, and I will live up to them everyday. I will follow all school rules so as to protect the safety, interests, and rights of all individuals. I understand that I may lose privileges or suffer disciplinary consequences if I break rules or do not live up to the STARS behavior expectations.
Student Signature: ___________________________ Date:______