West Oak Lane Charter School
Contract year 7/1/19 – 6/30/20
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE PERFORMED DAILY:
Offices, Entrances, Reception Areas, Hallways, Conference Rooms, Stairs etc.
- Dust & clean all fixtures and office furniture (including cabinets, desks, credenzas, counter tops, doorframes, light switches, spot clean walls, and properly position furniture).
- All ashtrays/sand urns emptied and washed.
- All wastepaper receptacles emptied and relined.
- All entrance glass, door and partition glass must be dusted and smudge/fingerprint free.
- Clean and sanitize drinking fountains and/or water coolers.
- Damp wipe all shelf surfaces and corners beyond the reach of normal dusting.
- Dust and sanitize all telephones.
Floor, Carpet, Tile, Concrete
- Vacuum traffic lanes and remove fresh spots from all carpeted areas.
- Vacuum under and behind all accessible desks and chairs.
- Dust mop all ceramic and resilient floor areas.
- Damp mop all ceramic and resilient floor areas.
- Gym floor must be swept & damp spot mopped daily. (WOLCS will provide cleaning solution for gym floor first year of service **ONLY**)
- Adhere to “Deep Scrubbing & Buffing Schedule” (Attached)
Cafeterias, Lunch Room & Staff Lounges
- Clean with an approved disinfectant, all surfaces (floors, etc).
- Cafeteria must be auto scrubbed daily
Restrooms (Staff & Students)
- Disinfect all dispensers, fixtures, wash basins, tile walls, toilet bowls, urinals and countertops.
- Polish all metal & mirrors.
- Wash all walls behind toilets/urinals with a germicidal solution.
- Wash all toilet partitions with a germicidal solution.
- Wash all floors with a germicidal solution.
- Maintain odor free restrooms at all times.
- Take all trash to a designated area in the building for storage or removal.
- Clean & organize janitor closets.
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE PERFORMED WEEKLY:
- All office furniture (desks, credenzas, shelves, etc.) must be polished with the highest quality furniture polish (if cleared of paperwork).
- Vacuum edges & corners of all carpeted areas.
- Buffing/Burnishing of VCT Floors must be performed weekly. (See Deep Scrubbing & Buffing Schedule. All floors must be maintained at a high gloss level that is acceptable to the client) All edges & corners in classrooms to be cleaned.
- All Student restrooms to be scrubbed twice a week.
- Dust all blinds, shaded, lockers etc.
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE PERFORMED ONCE MONTHLY:
- Vacuum all fabric furniture and wipe down vinyl / leather furniture.Clean and polish all chrome chairs and tables.
- Vacuum drapes.Dust light fixtures & ceiling vents.
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE PERFORMED DURING WINTER & SPRING BREAKS:
- Shampoo all carpeted hallways via hot water extraction every 60 days.
- Shampoo all carpeted offices, classrooms & hallways via hot water extraction.
- Light-scrub and re-wax all hard tile floors. Strip, if needed.
- Extract entrance mats.
- Lightly dust all rooms.
- Wash all desktops.
- Clean all interior windows.
- Clean all exterior windows which include all partition & entryway glass.
- Scrub floors and clean all walls and partitions in restrooms.
- Make sure all sinks, urinals, and stools are cleaned (in, under, and around).
THE FOLLOWING MUST BE PERFORMED DURING SUMMER BREAK:
- Top scrub and refinish all VCT floors.
- Wash all desks (including teachers’) inside and out.
- Wash all walls as needed.Remove all dirt from lights and high-dust everything.
- Wash all doors and frames. Pay special attention around lock assembly.
- Thoroughly vacuum all carpeted areas and extract.
- Completely clean all fixtures, furniture, ceiling, walls and floors.
- Pressure wash exterior sidewalk to remove stains and gum.
- Pressure wash hallway leading to loading dock and loading dock area.
* All cleaning supplies including but not limited to mops, brooms, buckets, rags, buffing/stripping devices, carpet machines, are the responsibility of the vendor.
* All companies are to keep a daily log book
All proposals must be submitted by Friday, May 31, 2019 and must include the following:
A cost breakdown in accordance with the attached computation sheet
A completed West Oak Lane Charter School Contract for Facilities Services.
Proof of Insurance including theft bond. (Upon acceptance of proposal contractor must provide a certificate of insurance naming West Oak Lane Charter School as additional insured.)
At least five verifiable, professional references must be provided prior to acceptance of bid package.
List of Vendor provided equipment to be used at the site.
List of chemicals that will be used/stored at the site. Upon acceptance of contract, vendor must supply material data sheets. It is the responsibility of the contractor to stock products and maintain janitors closet in a neat and orderly fashion. All supplies must be visible during each quality control inspection.
List any services that you are not capable of providing.
List recommendations that you feel based on your observations could enhance service.
All Custodial workers selected for this site must have recent background check and child abuse certificates upon request.
Current vendors do not need to be present for the walkthrough.
Proposals will be evaluated and ranked using the value assigned to each criterion. Once the technical and cost criteria have been evaluated and ranked, WOLCS may negotiate both components with any vendor receiving an average of 80 points or more (See Appendix B).
Financial Conditions/Stability, Business Practices
Experience and References
Walk-thru will take place on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 from 2:00pm - 4:00pm. All bids are due by Friday, May 31, 2019 at 5:00 PM. Please submit all completed bid packages in a sealed envelope to the following address by the due date:
West Oak Lane Charter School
c/o Dr. Lee, CEO
7115 Stenton Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19138
Please direct any questions to Daiselle Morris at 215-927-7995, ext. 156 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated Selection Schedule
Determination will be made by June 16, 2019.
Anticipated date of commencement of services: July 1, 2019.